Please note: due to time constraints the help has not yet been updated to reflect the current version of Quoll Writer. It will be updated soon!
Information on how Quoll Writer has changed from version to version.
Information about the main Quoll Writer window.
Information about creating and managing projects.
Information about creating and managing chapters.
Scenes & Plot Outline Items
Information about creating and managing scenes and plot outline items.
Full Screen Mode
Everything you need to know about working in full screen mode.
Editor Mode (beta)
Details about using Editor Mode to work with others to get feedback on your work.
Information about adding and managing ideas.
Information about warm-ups.
Changes to Quoll Writer in version 2.6
This release focuses on new features.
New feature - Configurable Assets
Characters, Locations, Research Items and Items can now have extra configurable fields added to them.
New types of Asset can now be created. Click here for more information.
New feature - Object tagging
Objects can now be tagged and grouped into their own sections within the sidebar. Click here for more information.
New feature - Section hiding
Sections in the sidebar can now be hidden or shown as needed.
New feature - Section drag-n-drop
Sections in the sidebar can be moved up or down via drag-n-drop.
New feature - Object sorting
Objects within a section (except for Scenes, Outline items and Notes) can be ordered via drag-n-drop. Assets can be sorted via the data in the fields they contain, if the field can be sorted.
- Forms now use a stacked layout instead of columns. The way that forms are generated has been overhauled.
- A new Assets & Tags section has been added to the Options panel.
- Existing asset types, Characters, Locations, Research Items and Items have been made configurable and are considered "legacy" types.
- A screenshot of the current window can now be sent with a bug report.
- Form popups (such as adding a new scene or outline item) can no longer be removed using the Escape key (it was causing icons to be left behind and needs substantial work to support the proper use of the Escape key in this case).
- Merging of assets when importing from another project or file is no longer supported, this is due to assets now being user configurable and the uncertainty of what to do when there are data type/field mismatches. A future version may return this feature.
- Fixed an NPE that can occur when the user is opening an encrypted project and the auto-login for the Editors service is trying to display a notification in the current viewer.
- Editor projects no longer count towards word counts for the session.
- Deleting an editor project from the projects window will now send a message back to the author that you are no longer editing the project.
- Fixed an issue where too much text was being used as the summary of a scene or outline item.
Back to top